All my listings keep updating themselves every 20 minutes?

Not sure what’s going on here but I’ve noticed on my listings page which I have set to show recently updated listings first the list is now changing constantly when I haven’t made any changes/updates to them?? When I set the view then to show last updated they’re all updating one after another every 9 minutes then after a few it’ll go to 20 minutes then back to 9 minutes. Nothings changed about them when I check it’s just strange I’ve never had this before, maybe it’s just some kind of glitch or bug thing going on? 

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
13 Replies

Re: All my listings keep updating themselves every 20 minutes?

Looking at your Listings, the oldest is 09 Jan. So I do not think all your Listings are constantly "renewing"

What I think is happening is that the order of listings is continually changing consistent with what the AI detects to be Listings you could / would be interested in.

I have seen this happen before when viewing Shops. If I look at Item A and there was only one on the first page, when I go back to look again, there could now be 10 Items similar to Item A on the first page which were not there previously. Similarly, if I look at "Pink" items I may see 2, but when I refresh the browser to look again, there could be 10 "Pink" items now showing on Page !

If the Listings were continually renewing, then they would all have today's date and the Finalces in Payment Account would show the re-listing charges.

1 Like

I noticed that just this evening when I was looking at my active listings via the app on my phone, but I don't see those update timestamps when viewing the website with my laptop. It's very odd.

1 Like
Amaradorn
Community Maker

What setting do you have for the sort order?

0 Likes
SunnytyDE
Community Maker

Betreff: All my listings keep updating themselves every 20 minutes?

@AncientAnthraciteEra   Mine keep showing as updated also today. I haven’t timed the frequency and it’s not all of them, just random listings, no rhyme or reason.  When I look on the app and sort by active->recently updated it shows listings I haven’t touched or were favorited. It’s really annoying because Etsy is doing something to my listings and I don’t know the reason. Could be harmless but it also could be something I don’t want or like. 

2 Likes
WittyElegance
Inspiration Seeker

Same for me 

0 Likes

I'm seeing the OP's shop defaulting to "Custom" sort.  Not sure what's going on, and I'm not sure I even understand what others are seeing - the order that listings appear in shops are changing randomly??  No doubt, Etsy testing something.

0 Likes

Custom sort is the default unless the seller changes the option under Settings.  I have mine set to Enabled so Custom is the default.

If I disable then Most recently listed is the default.

0 Likes

Are you talking about shop home page or the listings manager? For the shop home page are you set to Custom which means the sort option Custom is the default. Disabled the default is the most recently listed, 

Most recent is May 10.  Do you have auto renew on?  If so then that may be why you are seeing changes if most recently listed is enabled.

Otherwise from your description not sure what is happening.

0 Likes

To clarify, this doesn't seem to affect my storefront, it's only something I see when I'm in Active Listings in the app. So only the store owners are seeing this when they're logged into the sellers app. And it looks like Etsy has been "updating" my older listings throughout the night, listings that I haven't touched in weeks at least. Very very odd. I have no idea what these updates consist of.

2 Likes
SunnytyDE
Community Maker

There are 2 different things. The OP sees this on the app were a seller can click on active listings and then on recently updated. There the listings should be sorted on when a seller changes anything in a listing. 

The other thing is the custom sort a customer sees in the shop. There seems to be testing going on at the moment. I only see ‚relevanz‘ in everybody’s shop. ( For the last 2-3 weeks). Not the custom setting that the seller uses. That is also very annoying  

1 Like
SunnytyDE
Community Maker

I wanted to add that while this has been going on today I have had no visits or views. The only ones I have so far were from early this morning before this started.Are you experiencing the same? @AncientAnthraciteEra  @dorabellasews 

0 Likes

Favorites on my dashboard are doing the same out of sync shuffle.

0 Likes

Could be Etsy is messing with the things your listing has in the tags area. Etsy has been adding and taking away with that area of their own accord for a while and they might actually have an algorithm playing with that? It’s just extra stuff Etsy put on the listings for gifting like “gift for mothers” or whatever they think might be relevant to the listing. It’s the only thing I can think of that wouldn’t be another stupid glitch, however, I don’t have the app, so I wouldn’t know what you’re seeing by experience.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.