I am an overseas American banking in the US. Nothing happens when I provide account # and routing number

when I try joining the Etsy Payment System. A $0.01 test deposit does not show up at my bank so there is no 3 letter

verification code. I don't do online banking so must call my bank from overseas to check on the test deposit. My bank

never receives the 1 cent deposit. My shop has been put on "pause".....I cannot sell, customers cannot view my shop.

Etsy has no telephone? How can I fix this, talk to someone???

ETSY "Keep Commerce Human"
Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
10 Replies

Re: Sign up for Etsy Payments is not working, help please. Shop put on pause

@siamjadeandgemstones  - Etsy Payments is new for shops in Thailand.  Setting up Etsy Payments thru Payoneer is quite a different process then what many shops have gone through. These links to Etsy articles, etc. Hopefully one of these may help you:

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Announcements/Updated-12-12-Etsy-Payments-is-expanding-to-sellers-in-m...

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015775908-How-to-Update-and-Verify-Your-Bank-Account-for-...

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-gb/articles/16999319005207-How-Do-I-Use-a-Payoneer-Account-With-Etsy-Pay...

1 Like

But if they are an American using a US bank, is Payoneer applicable? It sounds like all the financials would be the same as if they were in the US, they are just shipping from Thailand. 

I don't know, but am curious as I do hope to be an expat someday and retire in Thailand myself, so hoping it someday becomes applicable to me. 

0 Likes

@audreytherese  - The OP's shop location is Chiang Rai, Thailand and is still just showing PayPal as the only payment method. 

I get confused trying to figure out the whole Payoneer change so the best I can do is offer Etsy links. 

I have no idea how Etsy handles financial things especially if someone is a citizen of one country, lives in another, how they handle work visas, and all the "red tape" that I'm sure exists. 

1 Like

I understand where they are, I guess I'm just confused because they say they are an American using a US bank, so I would think they should be able to sign up for Etsy payments just like if they were in the US. Though because they currently do only have Paypal, it does sound like there is more to the story. 

1 Like

Thanks for that. Payoneer seems to me incorrect since my bank is in America and my pricing is inUS Dollars. Can someone state for sure, do I use PLAID or Payoneer???  RH

1 Like

@siamjadeandgemstones  - I honestly don't know. The Etsy article on "How to Update" does have this:

US bank accounts

US sellers update bank details by using a third party service provided by Plaid.

It seems that Etsy at first states the process is Plaid for US bank accounts, but then, starts off saying "US sellers".
That your shop has apparently never been connected to Etsy Payments & only accepted PayPal might lead one to believe where the shop is located is the deciding factor?

This appears to be something you will need to again contact Etsy about. There is no Etsy phone # to call, and chat will at best only be able to pass your problem up the chain. 

Emailing Etsy, opening a help ticket is probably your best option. You will need to be extremely patient. If all you receive is a generic reply, respond to that email that your issue is not resolved. You can consider requesting updates on your issue every once in a while. But stick with your first help ticket. Opening new ones puts you to the end of the line since Etsy will see the new ticket as a new problem. 

1 Like

Thanks JMO,  I am dumbfounded that these companies hide behind computers and show no face to the sellers

who support their platform....then they have the gall to advertise  "Keep Commerce Human"   Etsy probably has no help

and no solution for me.  PLAID would be the key, I'm now trying to contact them....I got past their bot quite readily, mailed 

a description of the verification problem and got a response quickly that a HUMAN will contact me within 3 days. We will see.   \o/

2 Likes

Finally it is over. My shop is open I'd like to thank JMOldeVintage and Audreyterese for their help and support.

This took more than 1 month and the help ticket was a lot of spinning wheels going nowhere. Thanks.

2 Likes
ComfortBubble
Inspiration Seeker

Could you please share what was the issue and how they fixed it ?

0 Likes

Hi @siamjadeandgemstones Can you please share how you resolved this issue? I signed up for Etsy payments too and my shop has just been put on vacationmode since then. Payoneer is not ready to verify my account

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.