InfiniteEcoLLC
Inspiration Seeker

How to handle international shipping going to an U.S. Export Facility

The shipping label did not print the international destination. Instead it's printed to a U.S. Export Facility and when I went to the Post office and asked for the Customs Declaration Form, the worker was confused and stated I didn't need to the complete form because it was not shipping outside the U.S.

How do I get the label to print the international address instead of the export center?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: How to handle international shipping going to an U.S. Export Facility

The export facility takes care of that.

2 Likes

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037382894-Global-Postal-Shipping-Labels-on-Etsy?segment=s...

You send it as normal, when it gets to the facility, they relabel it with the international address and customs form

0 Likes
LynnsLittleShop
Conversation Maker

Here's the help article on international labels

Global Postal Shipping Labels on Etsy – Etsy Help

and be aware that some countries have a fee for the packaging coming into their countries.

EU-wide packaging act: What you need to know to comply! (verpackungslizenz24.de)

and if you are selling to the EU countries, you need to follow some other rules, one of which is you must take returns.

How Do I Follow EU Law Regarding Returns and Refunds? – Etsy Help

0 Likes

If your buyer has entered the address of an international export facility (freight forwarder) in the US (normally on the East and West coasts), you only have to ship it there.  The facility will take care of any customs declarations and overseas shipping costs.

Your responsibility for the order ends when it is received at the export facility.  Often items are unpacked and repacked (along with other items the person may have bought from other platforms).  So even if your item arrives in the foreign country with damage, for this reason, it cannot be proven how and when the damage occurred.

0 Likes

You'll have the address of the freight company so it's just like a domestic shipping. There's usually a customer id or box number - make sure that's clearly visible on the label either on the name line or on the Attn: line if your label has one.

0 Likes
BeachFleaMarket
Conversation Maker

Use Pirate ship instead in the US. They use an export facility too but it's faster. They also charge the actual costs. Etsy keeps the difference in cost for themselves. (when first launched, Etsy said it cost less saving ETSY money, I am able to give all my international customers a refund of $3 to $10 usually. I also limit the countries available to the list supplies by pirate ship. Don't forget Puerto Rico. Etsy still has it in the international category while it is part of the US postal system

1 Like

Regarding the labels: PirateShip labels will look the same way (other than to Canada.) It will be to a US address, with a note near the bottom with the customer's name. The export company will relabel the box when it arrives.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.