How to contact Etsy in regards to CONSTANT pricing errors?

Jump to solution

Is there any way to speak to Etsy tech? There are no options when I go to "contact us!" 

I use domestic and global pricing, and 90% of the time I have to cancel orders because Etsy is allowing International customers to buy items under the domestic price. 

EG. Last night a customer from Canada purchased a listing for £140.. When checking the order over i spotted that the listing was created with the domestic and global pricing, domestic customers pay £140. International pay £190..... The customer was from Canada, so why was she allowed to pay £140?

This has happened too many times now - I checked and for the past 6 months I have had to cancel 12 out of 20 orders because of this issue!! 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to contact Etsy in regards to CONSTANT pricing errors?

Jump to solution

How to Add Domestic & Global Pricing to Your Listings – Etsy Help

Check this to see if you are following the guidelines.

Then contact Etsy through Contact us.  I would not try Chat as I think this would be out of their realm of expertise.  Use what is closest looking for 'I still need help'.  Send an email being very specific and plan about  what you are seeing.  The first reply back will probably be the article.  Look at the bottom for "I still need help" and reply to it again making it simple and precise what you are experiencing.  Don't expect them to understand without a good explanation.

View solution in original post

1 Like
9 Replies

Jump to solution

I had to determine different shipping costs for different countries I think.

0 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@CharlieChicksUK  I don't live in the UK but maybe this past post can help you. A seller in the UK.

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Managing-Your-Shop/How-can-I-easily-contact-Etsy-UK-every-thing-I-have...

0 Likes

Jump to solution

The above link is a very old thread and so the information may be out of date .

You are a Star seller so you have the SUPPORT live chat option available. When live chat is available ( you will have the support message button on your sales dashboard, for me its available now ) 

They may not be able to resolve the issue for you but this will get a call logged for you and you will be able to follow up with ( this one log only ) don't start new call logs as this will just slow down a reply .

another route to support go to the help section, and drill through to contact support this way 

However i'm sure other sellers  have had the same problem so may be able to help you ( id always recommend asking here first as support can be a bit useless ) .

Start a new forum request under technical issues asking if any one has a solution.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Are these the journals with free shipping?  If you get rid of free shipping, I think the problem would go away because you can then charge individual postage to each country and have the higher prices in the shipping rather than in the item price.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

To get to the chat through the contact us page, you have to click through a few things but the path I've found is Selling on Etsy -> Shipping -> Shipping a Buyer's Order -> I Still Need Help . And it seems sometimes this changes to an email option, not sure why but it may be when they get inundated with help request and live chat can't keep up or during holidays.

A lot of us have been experiencing the Domestic/Global pricing bug, we have a large thread going here where we try to help each other if you'd like to check it out: https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/International-Buyers-Paying-Domestic-Prices/td-p/1429...

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi 

Ive just had this happen to me on one of my overseas sales to USA . 

It had happened before but i thought it was my mistake ! 

Glad i found this thread . I have now e-mailed Etsy support after using the guidance from @BlueLilyCrafts ..thank you blue lily crafts 

I should have visited community support earlier 

@karewatt  

0 Likes

Jump to solution

How to Add Domestic & Global Pricing to Your Listings – Etsy Help

Check this to see if you are following the guidelines.

Then contact Etsy through Contact us.  I would not try Chat as I think this would be out of their realm of expertise.  Use what is closest looking for 'I still need help'.  Send an email being very specific and plan about  what you are seeing.  The first reply back will probably be the article.  Look at the bottom for "I still need help" and reply to it again making it simple and precise what you are experiencing.  Don't expect them to understand without a good explanation.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Hi 

Ive just had this happen to me on one of my overseas sales to USA . 

It had happened before but i thought it was my mistake ! 

Glad i found this thread . I have now e-mailed Etsy support after using the guidance from @BlueLilyCrafts ..thank you blue lily crafts 

I should have visited community support earlier 

@Karewatt  

0 Likes
bohemians
Community Maker

Jump to solution

I don’t know why this is happening, but I’m curious to know what makes an item’s value inflate by an additional £50. That is a LOT of additional Canadian dollars.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.